The Bureau of Internal Revenue issued an interoffice memorandum addressed to all BIR employees and all others concerned about its system downtime due to BIR records purging and archiving that will commence after the working hours of December 12, 2014.
During the downtime and systems maintenance, the following Integrated Tax System (ITS) functions will be unavailble:
- Issuance of Authority to Print
- Registration of New Taxpayers
- Encoding of Returns
- Generation of ITS Reports
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) of alphalists, MAP, SAWT, SLSP, SLI from the districts to the ITS
However, taxpayers may still settle their obligations thru EFPS, AABs or MRCOs. Normal services will resume on Jan. 05, 2015.
What taxpayers need to do?
They only have this week to:
- Register your Books of Accounts for Next Taxable Year 2015 (Refer to RMC 82-2008 for your reference)
- Verify with your respective Revenue District Offices that they will still accept no-payment returns after December 12, 2014
Click BIR Memorandum on Systems Downtime to view or download the memorandum.